Copaltite Key Characteristics:
- Developed for high temperature applications range of -315° F to 1500° F
- Cures quickly when heat of at least 300° F is applied.
- Possesses Anti-seize properties for very high temperature applications
- Low shrinkage and coefficient of expansion.
- Easy separation of joints after extended use at extremely high temperature and/or pressure.
- Resistant to most chemicals. Copaltite is used on lines containing steam, ammonia, hydrocarbons, refrigerants, hydraulic fluids, propane, brine, acids, and mild alkalis.
- Adheres to metals, ceramics, rubber and most plastics.
- Withstands severe vibrations and thermal shock.
- Meets Navy test requirements for use on marine turbines at 1200 PSI and 950° F (MIL-S-15204D).
- Copaltite sealants consistently out perform other high pressure and high temperature pipe dopes.
Liquid Form Sealant
Used for threaded connections and machined surfaces. It is a smooth paste that is easily spreadable. Although normally used without gaskets, Copaltite Liquid makes an excellent gasket dressing that is available in a 1 quart can or a 5 ounce
Cement Form Sealant
For rough surfaces, warped flanges or unfinished parts. A thick paste with a coarse texture which allows for it to fill gaps in scored, uneven surfaces. Copaltite Cement is also used as a gun grooving compound and is available in a 1 quart can or a 5 ounce tube